lost Desktop

phanisvara das listmail at phanisvara.com
Wed Jul 13 20:02:12 BST 2011

On Thu, 14 Jul 2011 00:19:20 +0530, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca> wrote:

> There was a bar on it that I thought was a scrollbar. When I went to scroll
> it the Desktop iconified onto the Panel. ~/home/Desktop isn't gone - it
> just doesn't show anymore.

just drag that folder back to the desktop surface. to do that you'll have to "unlock widgets" if they're locked -- they certainly weren't when you put that folder into the panel -- and click on the 'diamond' showing on the panel's right end. after that 'grab' the iconified folder with the mouse, dump it on the desktop, and it should un-iconify.

i seem to remember that once it didn't. in that case you'll have to remove & re-create it.

--
phani.