KDEPIM 4.6 prob^Wimpressions

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Jul 7 08:01:29 BST 2011

On Thursday, 2011-07-07, Alex Schuster wrote:

> I wanted to see if distribution lists work with the new Kontact - they did
> not with the old one, a mail to TESTGROUP would not go to the email
> addresses of this group's members, but TESTGROUP at myserver.mydomain. But
> when I open the address book and enter a new group, the new KMail does not
> know about this group and will not autocomplete. Seems like KMail does not
> know about any of my contacts.

Could also be a problem with the Nepomuk setup, e.g. Nepomuk not running or a
problem with the Akonadi agent telling Nepomuk about contacts
(akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder)

> I do not understand at all how this works. I still have the contacts in my
> address book, so the migration has worked for them, but when  I open the
> settings, they show the location as ~/.kde4/share/apps/kabc/stdvcf, and
> this directory is empty. So all this stuff is in Akonadi's mysql database
> now? What's the purpose of this empty directory?

I think the address book migrator moves the contacts to
$HOME/.local/share/contacts, the resource "Personal Contacts" should point to
that.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring