KDEPIM 4.6 prob^Wimpressions

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jul 27 06:23:37 BST 2011

Alex Schuster posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2011 00:17:23 +0200 as excerpted:

> Isn't the wallet secured by strong encryption?

Without actually verifying, I believe that I've read that it is.
However, that doesn't mean everything else that might need to be private,
is likewise encrypted.  Consider stuff like cookies and caches of files
from secure browsing sessions.

>> No the netbook, I deliberately do not keep any data that I'd be
>> uncomfortable having it go public (well, except my the Linux user
>> account passwords themselves).  That way, if it's lost, /all/ I have to
>> worry about is the physical property loss.  If I did choose to keep
>> such stuff on the netbook, I'd probably keep it in an encrypted fs of
>> some sort, but at this point it's simpler not to put anything like that
>> on it.

Um... s/No/On/ ... tho it was apparent enough from context.

> My desktop is completely encrypted, just for the fun of it. The notebook
> runs Windows, I don't do things like online banking with it. I'd have to
> change mail passwords and SSH keys if it were stolen. But it is so old I
> think no-one wound steal it :)

Like a beat up old car, eh. Anti-theft insurance. =:^)