Keyboards (was: Anyone know how...)

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jul 5 02:07:22 BST 2011

Felix Miata posted on Mon, 04 Jul 2011 20:41:37 -0400 as excerpted:

> On 2011/07/05 00:06 (GMT) Duncan composed:
>
>> A better picture of the keyboard (black, as I have, without the wrist-
>> rest, which I don't use either).
>
>> http://compare.ebay.com/like/150611216303?
>> var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y
>
>> WORKSFORME! =:^)
>
> Not me. The most important part isn't there.
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:ErgoLogicFlexProKB2652.jpg shows
> my idea of ergonomic, but not their center portions, as I use them fully
> dropped like a normal flat KB. http://stanis.net/uvpub/omnikey102.html
> sums up what counts for me.

That wikipedia image in the center-raised/deflected position (bottom one
in the image) is what counts for me.

> Wrapping is not a "long" line necessity, as the following (I expect)
> shows.
>>http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Desktop-Keyboard-Wheel/dp/
B00001RMDH
>>http://compare.ebay.com/like/150611216303?
var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y

I know, but it's a usage issue with pan (my client).  I can unwrap, but
then that unwraps all the paragraphs I wrote too.  I can then select them
and use the wrap-selected function, to just leave the links unwrapped,
but it's easier just to mention wrapping and let the reader do the work
if they are interested in visiting the link (many won't be).  After all,
I went to the work of finding or digging up the link and posting what the
reader would have likely had to google for otherwise.  And selecting the
link, editing it if necessary, and selecting a browser option for the URL
popup of a decent clipboard tool or clicking the first bit of the
link,then select/pasting the rest of it in when the browser returns a 404
or whatever (the method I used to use before I had a decent clipboard
tool), works well enough.

Plus, the user's client might wrap the result in any case, necessitating
the above procedure regardless, tho that could be argued to be their
problem.

Of course I could use a shorterlink service, but those have their own
problems (like generally being opaque as to the ultimate destination,
plus being somewhat of a hassle to generate the link to post).

But it is an irritation of mine with pan, for sure.