Keyboards (was: Anyone know how...)

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jul 5 01:06:42 BST 2011

Felix Miata posted on Mon, 04 Jul 2011 17:31:39 -0400 as excerpted:

> "Insanely priced" refers to
> http://www.ergonomicsmadeeasy.com/store/specialty/product/avant-stellar/
> which is the only location I know of offering something resembling the
> best keyboard ever made: http://stanis.net/uvpub/omnikey102.html

As you likely figured out when I mentioned ergonomic, neither of those
would be particularly useful to me here.

But $325 is indeed a bit insane.  Altho, at that price it's certainly not
mass produced, which will certainly up the production costs quite a bit.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was made either to order or in batches of
10 or 20 at a time, lots of hand work, thus explaining a lot of the
cost.  (I didn't look, the link might have said something about that.)

Here's the one I was talking about (blarg, looks like the entire logitech
site is flash-based or some such, can't get a link there, let's see about
a shopping link somewhere... found, watch the wrap!):

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Cordless-Desktop-Keyboard-Wheel/dp/
B00001RMDH

A better picture of the keyboard (black, as I have, without the wrist-
rest, which I don't use either).

http://compare.ebay.com/like/150611216303?
var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y

WORKSFORME! =:^)