How do I restart KDM?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 18 19:57:23 GMT 2011

On 2011/02/18 17:52 (GMT) Duncan composed:

> Felix Miata posted on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:55:36 -0500 as excerpted:

>>  how hard is it to click once on krandrtray, then to select the desired
>>  resolution directly?

> Pretty hard when one doesn't run krandrtray by default, so one has to
> start it first...

First meaning once per user. Once started, the user must take explicit
affirmative action to get it out of the tray. It's been years since I've used
hotkey resolution switching other than to test if it's available, not only
because I discovered krandrtray, but more importantly, when I want a
different resolution, I typically find it preferable to start an entirely
different session on :1 with a forced DPI suitable for that resolution. Try
that on windoz!!!
--
"How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose
understanding rather than silver." Proverbs 16:16 NKJV

  Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/