How do I restart KDM?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Fri Feb 18 16:19:56 GMT 2011

On 02/18/2011 06:00 PM, Duncan wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras posted on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 16:01:46 +0200 as excerpted:

>>> Some distro's, e.g. openSuse, require that you hit it twice in quick
>>> time. Try hold down ctrl-alt then hit backspace twice quickly and see
>>> if that works.
>
> [...]
>
> 2) Someone posted, either here or in the kde-linux group/list (group on
> gmane, where I see them), a comment to the effect that there's a
> configurable kde hotkey to replace the C-A-BS now.

There is, and I use it.  It's in System Settings, "Input
Devices->Keyboard->Advanced Tab->Key sequence to kill the server".
Problem is, it only takes effect when logged in.  It doesn't work when
looking at the KDM login screen.

If I do run across the solution to this, I'll make sure to mention it here.