How do I restart KDM?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Feb 18 17:38:57 GMT 2011

Nikos Chantziaras posted on Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:19:56 +0200 as excerpted:

>> 2) Someone posted, either here or in the kde-linux group/list (group on
>> gmane, where I see them), a comment to the effect that there's a
>> configurable kde hotkey to replace the C-A-BS now.
>
> There is, and I use it.  It's in System Settings, "Input
> Devices->Keyboard->Advanced Tab->Key sequence to kill the server".
> Problem is, it only takes effect when logged in.  It doesn't work when
> looking at the KDM login screen.

That's it.  =:^)  As I said, I start kde from a CLI login using startx,
thus eliminating any need for a *dm, so that should work here.  But you're
right, that's not likely to work at the *DM, no user logged in.

Meanwhile, thanks.  It'd have taken me quite some time to find it there,
as I'd have looked in the keyboard shortcuts options, not under hardware,
input-devs, keyboard.  Now that I actually went and looked, tho, hopefully
I'll remember that it's counter-intuitively under hardware.