Sound HDA Intel (Analog Devices AD1981) doesn't work with phonon anymore?

Torinthiel torinthiel at data.pl
Thu Feb 10 22:33:20 GMT 2011

On 01/29/11 10:12, Johannes Schaub (litb) wrote:
> Starting some months ago, KDE's phonon doesn't work with my soundcard
> anymore. For example, instead of showing the usual 9 mixer channels I'm
> shown with alsamixer (Master, PCM, CD, Mic, Mic Boost, etc), kmix shows only
> one weird "Internal Audio Analog Stereo" channel, where I have no clue what
> this means.
>
> I tried to look into the phonon settings (systemsettings). But when I open
> it, it sometimes shows a message box saying "Some Soundcards were removed
> from your system. KDE thinks it's save to remove these from consideration
> for future.". I have no clue what this means.
>
> My soundcard works fine with all alsa apps, and I have no problems with it.
> But phonon insists it's not there. What's wrong?

Could someone shed some light on this? I seem to have the same issue. At
first Amarok was working, now, after I've regenerated modules.conf
(probably) it won't work anymore. Everything else (browser, MPlayer,
skype, some games) work properly and even mixer works and programs obey
it's settings. Yet at every start of KDE I get the same warning saying
that "Some soundcards where remover from your system".

This happened on update from 4.3.5 to 4.4.5, although most of my system
was updated at that time, so it might as well be related to some other
update

Regards,
 Torinthiel