Corrupted addressbook. How to restore?

Richard Dawson rcdawson at att.net
Sun Feb 6 01:20:10 GMT 2011

Using Mandriva 2010.2, KAddressbook 4.4.3 as part of Kontact 4.4.3.  All was
going well until today.  Suddenly, my addressbook as become corrupted.  When I
go to contacts I see three columns. The left column shows one addressbook
which is selected.  The second column, which used to contain a list of names
in the address book, now contains a list of gibberish:
psOFZXM34R
QRjWQQEnr3
......and so on.

I thought I would simply delete the addressbook, but right clicking on the
addressbook and selecting delete addressbook does nothing.

Right clicking and selecting Folder properties produces:

name:  Address Book
Content  137 objects
Size 0 B

Right clicking and selecting Addressbook Properties produces nothing.

What to do?  I can probably find the addressbook data that was running before I
updated from an earlier version of Mandriva.