Constant Konqueror icon

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 08:00:34 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 05:56, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> I don't believe I've ever seen or read about such an option, so your
> mention is news to me. =:^/

Oh. I might be confusing it with something else then. Maybe Zim.

> Not that I'd be likely to use it anyway.  But I guess you have a user for
> whom the changing icon is confusing?

That user is me! I just converted to Konqueror from Dolphin but the
changing icon means that I can never find Konqueror on the taskbar. My
taskbar shows only icons, no text.

> You're talking about the application menu icon, in the titlebar, right?
> That'd ultimately be up to the window manager to set/enforce.

I am referring to the taskbar icon. I do not recall having ever seen
an icon in the titlebar.

> FWIW, there's the --icon general-kde command-line option, but I believe
> that sets the original icon, the app can still change it, as konqueror
> does.  Not that I've really used it to know, however, so you might /try/
> it.

Thanks. Launching Konqueror as konqueror --icon someIcon.png has no
effect, but in Okular the effect is to show a blank taskbar icon
instead of Okular's regular icon. It still does not show the
designated icon. I'll play around a bit, maybe it doesn't like pngs.

> There's also the various window decorations (under workspace appearance
> and behavior, workspace appearance).  Some of those appear not to even
> have an app/menu button in the titlebar, and as most titlebar buttons,
> the app/menu button can be removed or placed elsewhere via button
> customization for at least most of the others.  It's possible some
> decorations might have one, but (optionally?) not allow it to be changed
> after it's first set.

Thanks. I'll look around for similar taskbar options.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com