Constant Konqueror icon

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Aug 24 03:56:10 BST 2011

Dotan Cohen posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:04:07 +0300 as excerpted:

> How does one configure Konqueror to always use it's own icon, and not
> to use the favicon or .desktop icon of the location to which it is
> browsing? I've looked through all the options but cannot find it. I
> remember this issue coming up once before, but I cannot find reference
> to it.

I don't believe I've ever seen or read about such an option, so your
mention is news to me. =:^/

Not that I'd be likely to use it anyway.  But I guess you have a user for
whom the changing icon is confusing?

You're talking about the application menu icon, in the titlebar, right?
That'd ultimately be up to the window manager to set/enforce.

FWIW, there's the --icon general-kde command-line option, but I believe
that sets the original icon, the app can still change it, as konqueror
does.  Not that I've really used it to know, however, so you might /try/
it.

There's also the various window decorations (under workspace appearance
and behavior, workspace appearance).  Some of those appear not to even
have an app/menu button in the titlebar, and as most titlebar buttons,
the app/menu button can be removed or placed elsewhere via button
customization for at least most of the others.  It's possible some
decorations might have one, but (optionally?) not allow it to be changed
after it's first set.