KWin window rules, exempting Screen Edges?

Zorael zorael at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 01:19:32 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> 1) I was just getting ready to suggest disabling effects (I assume that's
> what you mean by compositing) here, when I saw that was your current
> solution.
>
> If you're not already using it (you don't say), do note that using the
> keyboard shortcut to toggle effects should be far faster than opening the
> effects config and clicking the button.

Yes, I use the default Shift+Alt+F12 shortcut. ...whose label is
Suspend Compositing and not Effects, at least in 4.6.2. :>

I also have the auto-suspend option ticked in Effects -> Advanced and
it's visibly working; when I alt-tab into/out of the game there's a
small flicker as the compositing toggles. It doesn't seem to be enough
to disable the edge triggers though.