4.6.2 early report

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Apr 9 14:48:27 BST 2011

gene heskett posted on Fri, 08 Apr 2011 22:57:21 -0400 as excerpted:

> However, ~/gene/.kde4/share/config/plasma-desktop-appletsrc is way too
> big to post here.

As I explained, that's quite a complex file.  I never did figure out what
the problem was in mine.  I simply deleted some sections that appeared to
be orphaned, others that appeared to be for duplicate widgets, etc, and it
eventually worked.

But start with moving the file elsewhere (with kde or at least plasma-
desktop not running, of course), so you get the defaults, and see if that
fixes the problem and you indeed get sane defaults.

If it does, you've nailed the file, and can then decide whether you want
to spend the time necessary to trace the way the sections work and edit
appropriately, or whether you'd rather simply start with the defaults and
delete the screwed up file entirely.

If it doesn't... try moving the other plasma* files in the same dir
elsewhere as well.