4.6.2 early report

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Apr 15 18:26:42 BST 2011

On Friday, April 15, 2011 01:21:08 PM Kevin Krammer did opine:

> On Saturday, 2011-04-09, Duncan wrote:
> > gene heskett posted on Fri, 08 Apr 2011 22:57:21 -0400 as excerpted:
> > >
> > > Let me see if I can look at that one.  And you just might have
> > > nailed it,
> > > from a bash konsole, $KDEHOME is not defined, either for me or for
> > > root. But where in the login process do I put that?
> >
> > FWIW, I skipped the usual explanation for $KDEHOME.  Looks like I
> > shouldn't have.
> >
> > $KDEHOME if set changes a KDE default.  The default, if not set, is
> > ~/.kde4 , tho it's possible for that to be changed at compile-time as
> > well.
>
> ~/.kde unless changed e.g. by the distributor
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

There is that possibility Kevin.  But, I have since had my boot drive
scrambled by a seacrate drive firmware update and was forced to re-install
on another much much slower drive but identical drive which explains the 4
day silence on my part.  I am not fully recovered from the old drive yet,
but my kde/plasma problems seem to be history now.  I think I was shooting
at the wrong messenger. ;-)

Thanks Kevin.

--
Cheers, Gene