disabling Akonadi

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Mon Sep 20 11:47:12 BST 2010

>> I don't need akonadi (I use `locate' :-)
>
> I think you confuse nepomuk (the semantic desktop thing which also
> does searching your documents) and akonadi, which is a personal
> information storage thing.

Maybe I'm confusing things.  However, the 500MByte stuff has been
located in the `.local/share/akonadi' directory tree.  Honestly, I
don't know at all what `personal information storage' (PIM) is good
for; it seems to me I haven't needed it yet :-)

> You can disable nepomuk in systemsettings:

Thanks, but both nepomuk and strigi are already deactivated
(interestingly, `nepomukserver' has been started anyway by `kdeinit' ?#|
this is KDE 4.5.1).

    Werner