disabling Akonadi

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Mon Sep 20 12:25:03 BST 2010

On Monday 20 September 2010 12:47:12 Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > I think you confuse nepomuk (the semantic desktop thing which also
> > does searching your documents) and akonadi, which is a personal
> > information storage thing.
>
> Maybe I'm confusing things.  However, the 500MByte stuff has been
> located in the `.local/share/akonadi' directory tree.

Hm, ok, then it's akonadi.  My ~/.local/share/akonadi dir is 140 MB big.

> Honestly, I don't know at all what `personal information storage'
> (PIM) is good for; it seems to me I haven't needed it yet :-)

Try starting akonaditray and right-click and select configure on it.  In
the akonadi resource configuration tab you can see all resources it is
tracking.  For me, it is only my contacts and some iCal files I import
read-only in KOrganizer.  I really have no clue why that sums up to 140
MB...

Bye,
Tassilo