username in ftp:// urls

Barna Daniel daniel.barna at cern.ch
Mon Sep 20 01:40:22 BST 2010

Hi,

Thanks, that's a straightforward and clear solution. I gave only the
ftp://hostname/dir/ location for dolphin, and provided the
username/password in the prompt.

I still think that it would be a bit more logical that if once the user
logged in to a remote site - either by giving the username in the prompt,
or in the URL - the URL of a to-be-opened file within this session would
contain the username. But that's just a side remark.

Thanks