username in ftp:// urls

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Sep 21 00:44:26 BST 2010

Barna Daniel posted on Mon, 20 Sep 2010 02:40:22 +0200 as excerpted:

> I still think that it would be a bit more logical that if once the user
> logged in to a remote site - either by giving the username in the
> prompt, or in the URL - the URL of a to-be-opened file within this
> session would contain the username. But that's just a side remark.

Just pointing out that there's possible security considerations in doing
it that way, for some users.  It's possible that's why it hasn't been
implemented already.

Of course, it could also be simply that no one has thought of it, or if
they did, it hasn't been a high enough priority to do it, yet.  If it'd
make your use significantly easier, perhaps it'll be high enough on your
priority list to at least find time to at least file it as a suggestion in
bugzilla, or the the kde brainstorming site (which I forgot the name of
but it should be linked from the kde main site).  If not, well, no bother,
it might get implemented when someone gets around to it, or not...