Middle-mouse clicks in Konqueror cause problems

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.nl
Thu Sep 2 12:36:58 BST 2010

Quoting Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net>:

> What version of qt do you have installed?  As mentioned, I have 4.6.3
> installed here, and don't have the problem.  If you have 4.6.2 installed,
> that could very well be it. Try upgrading to 4.6.3 and see if it helps.

Actually, I've already got Qt 4.6.3, which was installed on the 9th of
June, so I guess that's not the problem.

> Of course as I'm on Gentoo and you're on Debian (Squeeze, but that doesn't
> tell me anything, I'm on Gentoo), ...

Squeeze is the name of the current Debian testing version. It was
frozen on August the 6th and is destined to become the next stable
version (Debian 6.0), although that could still be months away.
Obviously, though, this bug really needs to be fixed before that time.

I submitted a Debian bug report for Konqueror about this problem on
July the 26th, but although I see now that one other user confirmed my
report only last Monday, so far the maintainers have yet to respond.
The other user also listed all of Konqueror's dependencies and
apparently he's using the same Qt version as we are.

It's still possible that it is a Qt bug. Was it even known to the
Gentoo developers at the time, or was it merely an irritant that you
noticed, but no one spoke of? Perhaps it's something that the Gentoo
maintainers have managed to control or circumvent, but the Debian
maintainers have not. Whatever the case, I'm not sure where to go from
here.

Thanks for your response.

Cheers,

Jaap