Composer/Kmail freezing

phanisvara das listmail at phanisvara.com
Sat Oct 30 16:59:21 BST 2010

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:49:12 +0530, Daniel D Jones
<ddjones at riddlemaster.org> wrote:

> Recently started having problems with Composer, the editor of Kmail.
> This only happens with the editor when I'm writing an email.  It doesn't
> happen when I'm just reading mail.  At random intervals, Composer will
> freeze for anywhere from fifteen or so seconds up to around 60 seconds.
> When it's frozen, it's completely unresponsive.  Moving the mouse cursor
> over it causes the
> mouse cursor to disappear, so no window updates are happening.  During
> this time, it doesn't show up in top (sorted by CPU usage) and the rest
> of the
> system works fine, so it doesn't appear to be a CPU usage issue.  It
> will also freeze for around the same amount of time when I press SEND.

you don't mention your distro, or which version of KDE you are using, or
where you got it from (repository, compiled). without that info, i don't
think anybody will be able to help you. that said, i've experienced
similar disturbances, after a zypper update, which installed new versions
of several KDE libraries. in my case, the disturbance stopped after
rebooting (loging out of KDE would probably have been sufficient).

--
phani.