Kate tutorials some where?

genericmaillists at gmail.com genericmaillists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 04:22:23 BST 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM, James Tyrer <jrtyrer at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 03/27/10 03:33, Anne Wilson wrote:
>> On Saturday 27 March 2010 05:55:58 genericmaillists at gmail.com wrote:
>>> I looked on http://userbase.kde.org/Kate
>>> http://docs.kde.org/development/en/kdesdk/kate/kate-part-find-replace.html
>>>

> http://kate-editor.org/support
>>>
>>> Kate Version 3.3.4 Using KDE 4.3.4 (KDE 4.3.4)
>>>
>>> I am looking for tutorials on KATE.
>>>
>>> I can't find info that explains what the escape sequences option
>>> is and how the escape sequences option works.
>>>
>>> I am trying to find how to change case on captured text strings. I
>>> am also hoping to find a simpler/cleaner/easier way to strip spaces
>>> out of a string of text. It very easy to get rid of spaces at the
>>> beginning and end. I can get it done in the middle but its not
>>> pretty.
>>
>> I'm afraid that no-one has volunteered to write such pages for
>> UserBase yet. If you find your information, please either add it
>> yourself to UserBase, or make the information available so that
>> someone else can.  Thanks
>
> Don't you think that this is going about it backwards -- asking the
> person that needs help to provide it?  We need people that already have
> the expertise to either write tutorials or to collaborate with a
> 'ghostwriter' to do it.
>
> Someone asked on KDE-Devel for help with KAuth and a developer suggested
> to him:
>
>> Feel free (you or some good volunteer) to add a page to
>> {Tech,User}Base: there are plently of useful info around b.k.o and my
>> blog, more than in this thread.
>
> It just doesn't make sense.  Are users are supposed to ferret out the
> information and write the documentation when the developers have this
> information and appear to be keeping it secret?  Perhaps his blog has
> some useful information, but the KDE Bugzilla is not a place to provide
> assistance or to look for documentation.
>
> --
> James Tyrer

I know the KDE project is begging for help and I help when and where I can.

James is right on this.

I did solve everything except finding out about the escape sequences
selection. I really would like to know what that is and how it works.

--
If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become