Kate tutorials some where?

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 29 07:07:39 BST 2010

http://kate-editor.org/support

> Kate Version 3.3.4 Using KDE 4.3.4 (KDE 4.3.4)
>
> I am looking for tutorials on KATE.

I am not an editor expert, but perhaps I can be some help.

> I can't find info that explains what the escape sequences option is
> and how the escape sequences option works.

Not certain what you mean here.  You can change the keyboard shortcuts
in KATE the same way as you can in any KDE app.  I am even less of an
expert here since I don't usually use keyboard shortcuts.  I presume
that you have found:

	Settings -> Configure Shortcuts

There is probably some documentation on this in general KDE
documentation, but don't know where exactly.

> I am trying to find how to change case on captured text strings.

I presume that you found the functions in: Tools.

If you want to do something other than highlighting with the mouse and
using the functions, it is possible that using the command line tools
might be more efficient.

> I am also hoping to find a simpler/cleaner/easier way to strip spaces
> out of a string of text. It very easy to get rid of spaces at the
> beginning and end. I can get it done in the middle but its not
> pretty.

This sounds like a feature request.  A tool to cleanup white space is
something which is missing.  As you have probably found out, search and
replace with a regular expression is your only current option.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch