Stop Kmail from removing leading spaces

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Mar 26 04:25:01 GMT 2010

I am me posted on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:48:17 +0530 as excerpted:

> How can I stop KMail from cleaning up leading spaces from a sig when an
> email is sent. I think that KMail>Composer>Edit>Clean Spaces is executed
> when a message is sent Ex : The char arrangement below will be messed up
> when it reaches you !
>
>         \|||/
>   --ooO-(o o)-Ooo---
>   Andrew (_) Chelladurai

It came thru just fine here (using pan on the list as received thru
gmane.org's list2news gateway).  Are you sure it's not wrapping
preferences at the receiving end that's screwing things up?  And alignment
can also change based on choice of monospace vs variable width font for
display (also receiving end).  I know I have to toggle wrapping on
occasion here, using pan, tho for whatever reason, that bit above comes
thru just fine either way.

Of course, I don't do HTML, believing it inappropriate for mail or news
unless you're a spammer or malware distributor with ulterior motives for
using it, or a simple aoler noob who doesn't know any better.
(Presumably, you're only posting the HTML here for demonstration purposes,
you'd not normally do so.  As such, you get a technical exception from the
above.)  So I'm looking at the plain text version, as the HTML version is
a nasty looking jumble of code and text that's difficult to read for those
who care about their security enough to disable HTML, or who choose to use
a client that doesn't handle it at all.

If you like, you can go to your sent messages folder, select the message,
and view source ("v" hotkey, at least on kmail here).  That should give
you exactly what kmail sent down the wire(less?).  But it can't be
screwing it up too bad, or I'd have not seen the properly aligned sample
text here.