[SOLVED] Re: Cover switch does not work

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Mar 23 16:07:25 GMT 2010

Dennis Neumeier posted on Tue, 23 Mar 2010 14:30:44 +0100 as excerpted:

>> I am not sure what you mean.  Can you please exactly tell me which
>> option in which window you are refering to? It's okay if you only know
>> the english word, I have an account with english desktop settings :)
>
> Oh.. I found it: On the "General" Tab of the settings, you have to
> activate "Cover Switch" for "Effect for window switching". Then it
> works.
>
> But obviously, this is not visible at the first glance: If you enable
> Cover switch, why should this have to be activated at another place as
> well? That's blowing up KDE settings unnecessarily, I think. Although my
> problem is clearly solved, I guess the functionality should change.

They're two different things.  Activating cover-switch on the all-effects
tab simply makes it available for the system to use -- there's keyboard
shortcut triggers in the config for most effects.  But it doesn't tell the
system to use that effect for the default alt-tab app-switch.  The setting
on the general tab tells it which of several effects to use for app-switch.

The same thing applies to desktop switching.  The cube can be enabled, and
triggerable by (the default assignment) Ctrl-F11, but not enabled as the
default for desktop switching.

... But you didn't mention whether you got snow working yet, or not...