.desktop file test conditions and menu item ordering

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Mar 3 10:40:24 GMT 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-03-02, Thom Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a .desktop file which would determine whether or
> not the selected directory of file path has .svn/entries in it.  From
> what I've seen, either one of the following should do:
>
> ShowIfTrue=[ -r %d/.svn/entries ] && echo "true"
> X-KDE-ShowIfDBusCall=[ -r %d/.svn/entries ] && echo "true"

The second one is not right, this is for evaluating a D-Bus call.
Not sure about the other though.

> And also, is there a way to ensure the order of context menu items?
> For example, I'd want the following:
>
> ActionA
> ActionB
> MenuA>ActionC
>
>     >ActionD
>
> But what's actually happening is ActionA and ActionB appear below
> MenuA.  I've tried renaming one of the .desktop files so that the one
> which contains ActionA and ActionB is alphabetically earlier.

I am afraid I don't know that either. My suggestions would be to ask on the
kfm-devel (KDE's file manager development list) and explicitly include that
the question is about service menus.

Cheers,
Kevin

P.S.: interestingly there is currently a discussions on standardizing such
file context actions on the freedesktop list so any feedback such as use cases
could be used by KDE's filemanager developers to make sure they are covered by
the new spec

KDE user support, developer mentoring