.desktop file test conditions and menu item ordering

Thom Brown thombrown at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 10:46:02 GMT 2010

On 3 March 2010 10:40, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2010-03-02, Thom Brown wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to write a .desktop file which would determine whether or
>> not the selected directory of file path has .svn/entries in it.  From
>> what I've seen, either one of the following should do:
>>
>> ShowIfTrue=[ -r %d/.svn/entries ] && echo "true"
>> X-KDE-ShowIfDBusCall=[ -r %d/.svn/entries ] && echo "true"
>
> The second one is not right, this is for evaluating a D-Bus call.
> Not sure about the other though.

Yeah, I've only just begun to learn about these D-Bus calls, so I need
to construct one for the project I'm doing this for.  I was only
trying to use that option as this page said both calls were
equivalent: http://www.grumz.net/?q=node/377

Obviously they're not really though.

>> And also, is there a way to ensure the order of context menu items?
>> For example, I'd want the following:
>>
>> ActionA
>> ActionB
>> MenuA>ActionC
>>
>>     >ActionD
>>
>> But what's actually happening is ActionA and ActionB appear below
>> MenuA.  I've tried renaming one of the .desktop files so that the one
>> which contains ActionA and ActionB is alphabetically earlier.
>
> I am afraid I don't know that either. My suggestions would be to ask on the
> kfm-devel (KDE's file manager development list) and explicitly include that
> the question is about service menus.

Ah, okay.  I'll give that a try.  Thanks for your help.

Thom