KDE 4.4 file copy question

MPR mplistarchive at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 17:37:26 BST 2010

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 2:56 AM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> Have you looked to see if anyone has filed it as a bug?  Relying on
> someone else filing a bug, or the devs fixing it just by accident, isn't a
> good way to get a bug fixed. =:^)

I tried to search and didn't find anything. I filed a bug and it was
marked dupe of another bug which looks like it describes something
more complicated. I'm not sure it's really a dupe. I will have to read
the bug again since it was late and I was tired when I looked at it.

> (FWIW, most copies large enough to worry about canceling, I do here in
> sysadmin mode, not user mode.

I don't know what you mean by sysadmin mode or user mode. I just
started using KDE yesterday for the first time in about 10 years so
these may be new terms that you will have to explain to me. It looks
like KDE has changed a lot in a decade.

That being said, it's not just big files, but even when there are a
lot of files. Here's an example. I have a laptop and a home file
server. I want to copy a bunch of MP3s from my home file server to my
laptop. I select a bunch of folders and drag them from the file
server's window to my desktop or home directory. KDE starts copying
the files. At some point I have to cancel (for whatever reason). When
I do that, the last file that it was copying is still on my computer
but is not complete. That file is useless because of its
incompleteness. It should be removed if the entire file was not able
to complete the copy before aborting.