KDE 4.4 file copy question

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jun 17 10:56:26 BST 2010

MPR posted on Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:10:37 -0700 as excerpted:

> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc at arcor.de>
> wrote:
>> Just tried it on 4.4.4.  It still leaves the partial file and doesn't
>> delete it.
>
> Thanks, Nikos. I hope they fix this bug soon.

Have you looked to see if anyone has filed it as a bug?  Relying on
someone else filing a bug, or the devs fixing it just by accident, isn't a
good way to get a bug fixed. =:^)

(FWIW, most copies large enough to worry about canceling, I do here in
sysadmin mode, not user mode.  As such, I use sysadmin tools for the task,
command-line or curses based, like mc, not X/kde based, as a sysadmin task
may very well be fixing a broken X or kde so it works again, in which case
X/kde based tools don't work so well!  Thus I knew nothing about this bug
until I saw it posted.  If the developers responsible for that part of KDE
similarly don't often have reason to cancel file operations, the bug could
exist for quite some time without them even knowing about it.  Thus my
point about checking for a bug, and filing one if necessary.)