Dual display settings not saved from KDE under Fedora 12 or 13

Barry Scott barry.scott at onelan.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 12:36:01 BST 2010

I'm running KDE 4.4.3 on Fedora 13 (this also was not working on Fedora 12).

I'm using KDE desktop and setting up a dual display configuration
Using the System Settings/Display/Size and Orientation control
panel. This all works exactly as I need but the settings are lost
after I restart the system.

How to I get the settings made in KDE to be permanent?

I'm more then willing to dig into the code of Fedora startup
or KDE to help get this working. I would approciate a clue as to
where the config is stored and what is supposed to restore it.

Barry