Kmail problems

Peter Nikolic p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 27 08:20:13 BST 2010

On Monday 26 Jul 2010 23:38:41 Duncan wrote:
> James Kerr posted on Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:59:47 +0100 as excerpted:
> >> The version i am trying to use the configs from is the version that
> >> came with KDE 4.3.1 on an opensuse 11.2 RC  version  it is a problem i
> >> have come across several times  unless i use kde as root but as a user
> >> i have always had to fight this problem and normally end up redoing it
> >> all by hand but thats going to take me a month of sundays to do now
> >
> > Are your UID/GID the same on both systems? If not, you'll have to chown
> > the files that have been copied over.
>
> That's my guess too.  I've had similar happen here, when I switched from
> Mandrake to Gentoo.
>
> (My solution, since I had little or no non-default user config on the new
> setup, was to simply change the UID:GID of the new user to match the old
> one.  Far faster than doing a recursive chown over multiple gigs of files!)

Hi ..

Well at the moment the only things i just cannot get to work are my filters to
move mails around  to the various folders upon arrival   it's still fighting
me  it aint gunna win  i have also stumbled on another slightly annoying
glitch in the folders list if i setup the coloms to show size ect of the
folders then close kmail down when reopened it has forgotten the settings .

Pete .