Kmail problems

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:57:08 BST 2010

On Monday 26 July 2010 16:59:33 Peter Nikolic wrote:
> Hi .
>
> I have just installed opensuse 11.3   and have a working 11.2 on a second
> drive  .
>
> i need to transfere all my mail  and configurations over to the new 11.3
> install   KDE 4.4.4 release2    Kmail 1.13.5 .
>
> I have imported my actual mails from the old version althou i have to say
> the process does not really do a good job   but how do i get the new kmail
> to read and use the configs from the previous version    , I have too many
> mail accounts  to re do by hand all the time   and too many filters to
> redo by hand there should be a way of importing the settings   ( i would
> have thought with the configs moved over it would use them by default but
> it does not  i have had this problem with kmail for the longest time  and
> it is about time it was fixed .

Pete, if you follow the instructions on
http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips#Transfer_mail_and_settings_to_another_computer_.28or_another_user_account_on_the_same_machine.29
it takes just 2-3 minutes and is entirely trouble-free.  It's simply a matter
of knowing which files you need to re-use.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group