Application Launcher Menu vanishes?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Jan 30 19:25:28 GMT 2010

On Saturday, 2010-01-30, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> I've having a problem with KDE 4.3.4 - having just upgraded to Kubuntu
>  9.10.
>
> When I click on the Application Launcher, (the old style one) which I
> have in my main panel at the bottom of the screen, if I just do a
> normal length click, the launcher appears for a moment, then vanishes.
>
> If I do a 1/2 second long click on the Application Launcher button,
> the launcher appears, disappears almost instantly, and then appears,
> and works.... mostly correctly.  I say mostly, because the problems
> continue if I try to right-click on any item in the menu, instead of
> giving me the context menu, it launches the item.  Unless, I do a
> right-click lasting at least a 1/2 second... then it works, and gives
> me the context menu.
>
> This didn't happen right after I did the upgrade... it happened
> sometime later, after I had been setting up my desktop the way I like
> it, etc.  So it seems to be a setting I changed... but I have no idea
> what.

I have the same version but using Debian/Unstable packages.

Left clicking works as expected, right click also launches unless I do a
right-hold which the opens the context menu.

I don't think I've changed any mouse settings so I am puzzled that I am seeing
one of the two issues but not the other.

Anyone else getting either click (mis-)behavior?

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring