Application Launcher Menu vanishes?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 19:12:09 GMT 2010

I've having a problem with KDE 4.3.4 - having just upgraded to Kubuntu 9.10.

When I click on the Application Launcher, (the old style one) which I
have in my main panel at the bottom of the screen, if I just do a
normal length click, the launcher appears for a moment, then vanishes.

If I do a 1/2 second long click on the Application Launcher button,
the launcher appears, disappears almost instantly, and then appears,
and works.... mostly correctly.  I say mostly, because the problems
continue if I try to right-click on any item in the menu, instead of
giving me the context menu, it launches the item.  Unless, I do a
right-click lasting at least a 1/2 second... then it works, and gives
me the context menu.

This didn't happen right after I did the upgrade... it happened
sometime later, after I had been setting up my desktop the way I like
it, etc.  So it seems to be a setting I changed... but I have no idea
what.

The new-style launcher seems to work ok... but I really don't like that one.

How do I fix this mis-behavior of the old launcher?

Thanks,

Dan