lost my connection to addressbook

Gracia M. Littauer gracia at yadtel.net
Sat Jan 16 18:48:45 GMT 2010

On Saturday 16 January 2010 11:49:17 am Anne Wilson wrote:

> I'm not using that version of addressbook at the moment, so this is from
> memory.  When you open the Contact page from kontact or launch kaddressbook
> from the command line there should be, at the bottom left, a place where
> you can add an addressbook.  You may have to do it from a +. or it may be
> from a right-click menu.  If you can see one addressbook already, try to
> turn it off, then add a new one, pointing to
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf.  If this works you simply had 'lost the
> connection' and it is now repaired.

when I open kaddressbook in a shell (I never use Kontact) I get a completely
empty addressbook & this in the shell:
gracia[~]$ kaddressbook
kaddressbook(2022): Attempt to use QAction "edit_undo" with KXMLGUIFactory!
kaddressbook(2022): Attempt to use QAction "edit_undo" with KXMLGUIFactory!
yes, 2 lines the same

plus, if I click on any action (a + sign) I get an error small window with a
big red button with a white X saying <there is no reserce available>

I see all my addresses in the files
--
Gracia in Cooleemee, NC- on Zenwalk 6.2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mynameistaken/