Discuss KDE via voice at BerkeleyTIP-Global meetings - Re: Canonical trying to kill KDE?? - Fwd: Attend CampKDE... via ... (VOIP), BerkeleyTIP - Re: Request to mailing list kubuntu-users rejected

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Sat Jan 16 11:37:15 GMT 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 09:55:43 +0000 (UTC), "Duncan" <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> said:
> Thomas Olsen posted on Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:44:01 +0100 as excerpted:

Thanks for your suggestions, below, Thomas :)

> I appreciate the BerkeleyTIP announcements tho I've never availed myself
> of them (but I'm only recently new to the kde lists themselves, expanding
> to there from my distribution of choice, gentoo's lists), and would hate
> to see them disappear from here.

Thanks for the appreciation :)  Hope you join in sometime :)

Since KDE started in Germany, & has many european contributors, let me mention that we have a BTIP member in Germany, & the voice connection is perfect.   I have a _personal_ interest in having more KDE people join the voice BTIP 4x month conferences, because I'm a longtime KDE (1st w/ debian, now KUbuntu) user.  I believe voice com is about 10* faster than text, & if kde developers & users joined in voip meetings about KDE, the KDE sw would develop much faster. :)

So, KDE members in Europe (& throughtou the world :) ) - You're invited - join in the voice BTIP meetings. :)  [BerkeleyTIP - All Free SW, HW & Culture global via Voice meetings, 4x/month; TIP = Talks, Installfest, & Project/ProgrammingParty; Purposes: Educational, Productive, Social.]
http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

Regarding putting a link to btip in a sig on my messages, the concept is great, but since running BTIP takes all my volunteer time, & there are so many things to do for BTIP I haven't even had time to get announcements out _at all_ some months, let alone get them out with a proper (say 1 week) advance notice. :(  So, I don't have time to make posts in hardly any of the groups I'd like to. :(  It's more than i can do just to get the BTIP announcements our regularly.

I really only try to get announcements out that have useful content, & that is primarily the new talks available to watch for each month.  I'm hoping they'll be recording some of the talks at the CampKDE this weekend. (You might think "Oh, that meeting is in California, he should just go!" - it's an 11-12 hour drive _each way_, Berkeley to SanDiego - both in California. ;)  )