kde 3, 4, 4.5[?] How to install to kde 4 (or newer)?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 14 02:56:18 GMT 2010

On 2010/02/14 03:17 (GMT+0200) Erik Ohls composed:

> Sunday 14 February 2010 02:24:08 skrev Felix Miata:

>> That said, you need not delete KDE3 in order to have KDE4. There's a login
>> manager menu that allows you to choose session type, which means you can
>> install KDE3, KDE4, Gnome, XFCE, LXDE and/or several others, and choose
>>  among any of them when logging in each time.

> This is not quite true in PCLinuxOS. You can have any number of desktop
> environments installed at the same time to choose from at login -- with the
> exception of KDE3 and KDE4. There it's either one or the other -- unless you
> are willing to do quite a lot of tweaking.

AFAIK, no Linux I've actually ever used has imposed that restriction. The
last Mandriva and openSUSE releases that offered both certainly didn't. No
Fedora or Kubuntu I've ever installed has. Maybe that's why I never tried
PCLinuxOS. :-p
--
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious
people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/