4.4 is nice

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Feb 9 23:07:27 GMT 2010

4.4 is nice so far.  I wasn't running mysql or akonadi-server (needed for
the build, but null-configured with no database) on 4.3 as I didn't need
them, but they were a smooth build for 4.4.

And the seriously bugged RandR based display config they finally got
right! =:^) =:^)  I've been waiting a /long/ time for /that/ one!

I've not had a chance to do a whole lot, but so far, it seems perhaps
slightly snappier, etc.  I must say... very good!  From the looks so far,
this definitely rates as at least RC quality, and there's a good chance
I'll finally agree with kde that it's normal release quality (something
they've been claiming, like some sort of sick joke, since 4.2).  I'll have
to run it a few days and see, tho.