Can the KDE project help us also to enjoy the KDE 4.4?

Sagara Wijetunga sagara at tomahawk.com.sg
Sun Feb 7 15:39:59 GMT 2010

Hi all

Tomahawk Desktop is a FreeBSD derivative distro.

We have a good news, upgrade Virtuoso to version 6.1.0 solved Virtuoso
crashing. We now have only one issue, the plasma-desktop crash issue.

We have a much updated OS compared to FreeBSD. We have KDE 4.4 RC3, Qt
4.6.1, Xorg 7.5, etc, etc.

Please let us know, if any KDE developer interested to help us by
downloading the Tomahawk Desktop Beta2 to dissect and see what prevent
us releasing a full-blown desktop OS based on KDE4? We can release it
within a day.

Although the Tomahawk Desktop is based on FreeBSD, it is the only
BSD-based OS closest to a Linux developer. See at the end of this page
to see how easy to install a package, there is no BSD complexity:
http://www.tomahawkcomputers.com/pkgmgt-howto.html

Installing Tomahawk Desktop is trivial, all what you need is either a
spare primary partition or a new hard disk.

Can the KDE project help us also to enjoy the KDE 4.4?

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards
Sagara