favicons in Konqueror

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sat Dec 25 11:15:02 GMT 2010

Am Donnerstag, 23. Dezember 2010 schrieb Duncan:
> Martin \(KDE\) posted on Thu, 23 Dec 2010 14:41:12 +0100 as
excerpted:
> > So maybe it is time to check if a fresh user has the same
> > problems. My .kde folder is basically 10 years old.
>
> =:^)  Mine too, tho I've gone thru and cleaned it up from time to
> time. Yes, the fresh-user thing's a very good idea to try.
>
> Meanwhile, that you can see the favicons reappear in the cache when
> you visit the page again, but konqueror fails to display them,
> sounds to me like it might be one of two things, either something
> related to the recent image-cache (graphics not browser related)
> issues in early kde-4.5 that were at least partially fixed in
> 4.5.3 and 4.5.4, or some other sort of race condition, where
> konqueror tries to display the icon before it's actually there,
> and then doesn't try again after it's in the cache.
>
> I'd try the fresh user thing, and then check bugzilla for related
> bugs, too.
>
> As I said, I'm running 4.5.4 here too, on Gentoo, and haven't
> noticed the issue, so it doesn't appear to be hitting everyone.
> Hopefully it's something in your local user config and you can
> resolve it there.

OK

I got it working again. I deleted all cache files and folders i could
find, did a bookmar export and import, deleted the cache files and
folders once again, removed all favicons files I could find.

This did not brought back the Icons automatically. As only the
favicons of my book marked sites were missing I once again did a
reload of the icons in the bookmark editor (after the next remove of
cache files) and all favicons are back. The icon-reload didn't wor
many times, but this time all went smoothly.

I think favicon handling can be improved. In general the icon cache
handling seems to be not finished.

So a happy christmas

Martin