different resolutions in virtual desktop

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 27 15:52:58 BST 2010

On 2010/04/27 09:57 (GMT+0200) mierdatutis mi composed:

> I would like to know if is possible to have different screen resolutions in
> different virutal desktop. I've tryed but I cant do it?

With one CRT, X can be configured to use a different resolution for as many
additional X logins as available memory and your brain can support. I suppose
you could configure one login to use the LCD on which you wish to watch TV at
the most appropriate resolution, and then use remote desktop on the other,
switching to whichever login demands your main focus with Ctrl-Alt-Fx.
--
"Suppos [sic] a nation in some distant region, should
take the Bible for their only law book, and every member

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/