Korganizer no longer opens from system tray

Ryo Furue furue at hawaii.edu
Tue Sep 29 00:52:08 BST 2009

Hi KDEers,

I found a similar thread in a mailing-list archive on the net
("kde-linux"), but I couldn't figure out whether the problem was
solved or not.  So, my problem seems to be the same:

1) Invoke korganizer:

  $ korganizer
  # --> The calendar window appears.
  #     At the same time, a KOrganizer icon appears
  #     in the system tray.

2) Quit the calendar window by clicking on the "close" button.

3) Left-click on the KOrganizer icon in the system tray.
  Nothing happens. (Normally, the calendar window should re-appear.)

I'm wondering if this is a known bug.  I'm using

  KOrganizer Version 4.3.1
  Using KDE 4.3.1 (KDE 4.3.1)

on the testing distribution of Debian GNU/Linux.   I don't use KDE.
(My desktop environment is LXDE .)

Cheers,
Ryo