Korganizer no longer opens from system tray

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 29 10:05:40 BST 2009

Ryo Furue wrote:
> Hi KDEers,
>
> I found a similar thread in a mailing-list archive on the net
> ("kde-linux"), but I couldn't figure out whether the problem was
> solved or not.  So, my problem seems to be the same:
>
> 1) Invoke korganizer:
>
>   $ korganizer
>   # --> The calendar window appears.
>   #     At the same time, a KOrganizer icon appears
>   #     in the system tray.
>
> 2) Quit the calendar window by clicking on the "close" button.
>
> 3) Left-click on the KOrganizer icon in the system tray.
>   Nothing happens. (Normally, the calendar window should re-appear.)

I really hate it when stuff like that happens.

> I'm wondering if this is a known bug.  I'm using
>
>   KOrganizer Version 4.3.1
>   Using KDE 4.3.1 (KDE 4.3.1)
>
> on the testing distribution of Debian GNU/Linux.   I don't use KDE.
> (My desktop environment is LXDE .)

Shouldn't matter since when you start a KDE application, "kdeinit4"
should be run automatically, but that might be the problem.  Try running
it first and see if that helps.

The SystemTray icon is supposed to indicate that the "korgac" daemon is
running.  You should start that in the startup script for your desktop
since the alarms will not work without it.  IAC, check to see if it is
running. after you close Korganizer.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch