Disable "Lock Session"

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Sep 23 02:19:30 BST 2009

James Tyrer posted on Tue, 22 Sep 2009 17:35:38 -0700 as excerpted:

> In KDE-3, these two lines:
>
> [KDE Action Restrictions]
> lock_screen=false
>
> to: "$KDEHOME/share/config/kdeglobals" and they all go away -- including
> the button in the widget.
>
> Yet Another Missing Feature?

No comment on the last question, but FWIW, locking returns with an error
dialog to the effect of "Won't lock desktop since it would be impossible
to unlock, no greeter app configured", here.  Thus, the entries are still
there, but they don't actually do anything except display the dialog.

I've not been terribly worried about it so haven't checked for sure, but
IIANM, that's because I don't have any X or kde screensavers installed.
I rely on screen power-down instead.  So assuming your install isn't
monolithic packages, you could try uninstalling that and see if you get
the same lack-of-greeter-app "brokeness", that may not be so broken after
all. =:^)

Of course, clicking the dialog button is still an annoyance, then.  But
it's less annoying than having it lock by mistake and being forced to
type in the full "appropriately secure" password would be.

FWIW, I very seldom click such things accidentally, and ignore it once I
know what it does or in this case doesn't do, but it's still annoying to
have the visual clutter in the menus.