kaffeine replacement for kde4: smplayer

Patrick Nagel mail at patrick-nagel.net
Mon Sep 7 07:07:28 BST 2009

Hi Duncan,

On 2009-09-07 09:06, Duncan wrote:
> Well, I found a solution I'm EXTREMELY happy with.  smplayer is a full-
> featured mature video player solution much like kaffeine for kde3 was,
> only built on qt4 only, not a full kde4, and using mplayer, not xine-
> lib.

Indeed, smplayer is great. I'm using it for over a year already, and I'm very
happy with it. I think it's a near perfect GUI wrapper for mplayer. It doesn't
bring all of mplayer's features to the GUI, but a good amount of them. A huge
advantage over using mplayer directly (what I had been doing for years before
discovering smplayer), is, that you don't need to restart the player (and then
jump back to where you have been in the file) when changing things like
subtitle track, audio track, etc.

Patrick.

--
Key ID: 0x86E346D4            http://patrick-nagel.net/key.asc
Fingerprint: 7745 E1BE FA8B FBAD 76AB 2BFC C981 E686 86E3 46D4