unmount usb devices

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Sun Sep 6 00:54:35 BST 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009 08:52:40 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

> Em Sábado 05 Setembro 2009, Rick Miles escreveu:

> > > Add the "Device Notifier" plasmoid to a panel or to the desktop.
> > > Use it to unmount devices.
> >
> > <snip>
> > I have that. It shows a device mounted and that I have a vfat device
> > plugged in, I can click into another popup then that give me the
> > options, open in Dolphin, download photos with digikam or do nothing.
> > I would assume at this point nothing is mounted.
>
> That's right, so far it is not mounted yet.
>
> > However, after
> > opening in konqueror, my default gui file browser, it would be
> > mounted and I see no options in the device notifier or anywhere else
> > for safely removing it. I have seen reference to the option when
> > mousing over the device's icon in the notifierwhen googling but  that
> > doesn't happen. I believe that there is something in dolphin that
> > offers the option but I prefer to use konqueror as my file browser.
>
> In the Device Notifier window, if you hover the mouse cursor over a
> mounted device, you will see an eject icon next to its name. Click this
> icon to unmount the device. The Device Notifier icon will change
> temporarily to a check mark to indicate that it is safe to remove the
> device.
>
> []'s
> Marcelo
<snip>

OK this seems to be working but I get a message saying it can't be unmounted because one or more files are open. This I believe is a hal or permission problem as I have nothing open.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Prickle-Prickle, the 30th of Bureaucracy, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au