unmount usb devices

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 23:52:40 BST 2009

Em Sábado 05 Setembro 2009, Rick Miles escreveu:
> On Sunday 06 September 2009 08:05:54 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> > Em Sábado 05 Setembro 2009, Rick Miles escreveu:
> > > Is there a menu option somewhere for unmounting memory sticks?
> > > I'm looking for a way to do this without using dolphin.
> > >
> > > TIA
> >
> > Add the "Device Notifier" plasmoid to a panel or to the desktop.
> > Use it to unmount devices.
>
> <snip>
> I have that. It shows a device mounted and that I have a vfat device
> plugged in, I can click into another popup then that give me the
> options, open in Dolphin, download photos with digikam or do nothing.
> I would assume at this point nothing is mounted.

That's right, so far it is not mounted yet.

> However, after
> opening in konqueror, my default gui file browser, it would be
> mounted and I see no options in the device notifier or anywhere else
> for safely removing it. I have seen reference to the option when
> mousing over the device's icon in the notifierwhen googling but  that
> doesn't happen. I believe that there is something in dolphin that
> offers the option but I prefer to use konqueror as my file browser.

In the Device Notifier window, if you hover the mouse cursor over a
mounted device, you will see an eject icon next to its name. Click this
icon to unmount the device. The Device Notifier icon will change
temporarily to a check mark to indicate that it is safe to remove the
device.

[]'s
Marcelo