unmount usb devices

Rick Miles frmrick at aapt.net.au
Sat Sep 5 23:23:20 BST 2009

On Sunday 06 September 2009 08:05:54 Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

> Em Sábado 05 Setembro 2009, Rick Miles escreveu:
> > Is there a menu option somewhere for unmounting memory sticks? I'm
> > looking for a way to do this without using dolphin.
> >
> > TIA
>
> Add the "Device Notifier" plasmoid to a panel or to the desktop. Use it
> to unmount devices.

<snip>
I have that. It shows a device mounted and that I have a vfat device plugged in, I can click into another popup then that give me the options, open in Dolphin, download photos with digikam or do nothing. I would assume at this point nothing is mounted. However, after opening in konqueror, my default gui file browser, it would be mounted and I see no options in the device notifier or anywhere else for safely removing it. I have seen reference to the option when mousing over the device's icon in the notifierwhen googling but  that doesn't happen. I believe that there is something in dolphin that offers the option but I prefer to use konqueror as my file browser.

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Written on Prickle-Prickle, the 30th of Bureaucracy, 3175
http://turtlespond.net
http://rickmiles.com.au