Korganizer no longer opens from system tray

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 3 12:48:06 BST 2009

Duncan wrote:
> Ryo Furue posted on Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:18:55 -1000 as excerpted:
>
>> When I close the Calendar window of korganizer, the icon stays.  But,
>> nothing happens when I left-click on it.
>>
>> I can "Quit" the "KOrganizer Reminder Daemon" from the right-click menu.
>>  When I do that, the "korgac" process is gone.
>>
>> Is this worth reporting to the KDE bug tracking system?
>>
>> For the moment, I've created an entry for korganizer on my launcher (on
>> the left-hand side of the baskbar next to the main menu) so that I can
>> launch the calendar window from there.  This is not optimal but I can
>> live with it.
>
> I'm not a korganizer user, but from what I've read on these lists, what
> you are seeing is NOTABUG for kde4.  It's working as designed.
>
> The icon in the systray is simply the reminder daemon (korgac), which
> needs to be running if you are to get your reminders, and the systray
> icon allows you to visually see that it is running.
>
> Clicking the systray icon therefore no longer (apparently, from what I've
> seen on the lists) starts korganizer proper.

This works correctly for me.  A left click (Button 1) on the Korgainzer
icon in the SystemTray starts Korganizer.  If other people are reporting
that this doesn't happen, this is is clearly an issue.

If this fails to work only when the system tray isn't the KDE one, this
is still a bug.  However, I do not know if it is a KDE bug or a bug in
the system tray that it fails to work with.

If people are reporting that it doesn't work with the KDE SystemTray and
they are running KDE-4.3.1 then this is a bug that should be reported to
KDE.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch