Korganizer no longer opens from system tray

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Sat Oct 3 19:17:09 BST 2009

In <pan.2009.10.03.08.26.02 at cox.net>, Duncan wrote:
>Ryo Furue posted on Fri, 02 Oct 2009 17:18:55 -1000 as excerpted:
>> When I close the Calendar window of korganizer, the icon stays.  But,
>> nothing happens when I left-click on it.
>
>I'm not a korganizer user, but from what I've read on these lists, what
>you are seeing is NOTABUG for kde4.  It's working as designed.
>
>The icon in the systray is simply the reminder daemon (korgac), which
>needs to be running if you are to get your reminders, and the systray
>icon allows you to visually see that it is running.

It was the same in KDE 3, at least in that the systray icon was from korgac
(KOrganizer Reminder Daemon).  I am still running korgac and korganizer from
KDE 3.5.10.

>Clicking the systray icon therefore no longer (apparently, from what I've
>seen on the lists) starts korganizer proper.

So, korgac had functionality intentionally removed?  What is the replacement?
If there's no replacement, it most certainly *is* a bug.
bss at iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))